Website Thompson River Lumber Co. of Mt Inc.
Thompson River Lumber Co. is currently seeking candidates for a Fully Qualified Planer Setup Person. This position is responsible for setting up the Planer system for production processes as well as sharpening and changing out knives in the safest and most efficient manner possible. Qualified applicants must have relevant maintenance knowledge of the planer machine and setup. This position will be responsible for attending and participating in any and all skills training to stay up to date on relevant knowledge and tasked with running the planer at current and future production goals while maintaining the quality of the product. All successful applicants must be safety minded and willing to promote and participate in safety on the job.
• Industrial environment (extreme temperatures, hot and cold, humidity, dust, noise, grit/grime/oil.)
• Occasional travel may be required for training purposes.
Essential Physical Functions:
• Climbing of stairs and catwalks at elevated levels.
• Carrying tools, bending, reading gauges, use of radio.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
• Frequently the employee is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Minimum of two years experience operating, setting up and performing maintenance on a planer machine required.
• Experience operating a Stetson Ross 6-12-C1 preferred.
• Must be safety minded and willing to participate in/promote safety in all aspects of work tasks.
• Must be self-motivated and diligent.
• Must have a good attendance and discipline record.
• Assist Planer Supervisor in training, directing, and coordinating work of Planer Operators
• Perform preventative maintenance on planer and infeed related to quality, production, and flow.
• Relieves Feeder man, hoist and other operators during breaks, vacations and other absences
• Checks lumber sizes and adjusts machines as necessary
• Keeps work area clean
• Monitor trimmer and change saws as needed.
• Monitor chipper and change knives as needed.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K/Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays and PTO.