Machine Operators and Operator Helpers (Entry Level) – Sawmill
Machine Operators and Operator Helpers (Entry Level) – Sawmill.
This is an entry-level role with the expectation that self-motivated individuals will advance into progressively skilled equipment operator positions. The successful applicant will be allowed an appropriate amount of time to train for this job and must be willing to cross-train within any department.
What you will do:
- Perform entry level lumberyard duties, housekeeping duties, including use of a shovel, etc
- Stack various lengths of lumber
- Assigned tasks indoors and outdoors, no matter the weather conditions
- Monitor lumber movement
- Move lumber through the process ensuring no lumber cross-ups
- Clear jammed lumber as necessary
- Assist others as necessary
- Follow all Safe Work Procedures
- Utilize downtime or slow time to enhance the appearance and productivity of the department
- Perform all job assignments in an effective and timely manner with minimal supervision
- Operate necessary equipment according to procedures
- Cleaning of the equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
Safety performance and attendance are key requirements
Move safely, quickly, and perform duties with repetitious movement. Sit and/or stand for shift, reach with hands and arms, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull, maintain balance, bend at the waist, kneel, walk varying distances, and climb stairs. Must be able to tolerate all weather elements, loud conditions, vibrations and airborne particles (sawdust).
We look for applicants with recent good work history, longevity and verifiable references.
All applicants must be 18 years or older.
Must have a valid drivers license.
Entry level wage D.O.E., Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen. Benefits Available including: sick days, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flex, 401K, profit sharing. You MUST complete and submit the application. This is a full time position Day Shift – Monday thru Friday